Genealogy Software

Albert albertwagner at cox.net
Wed Mar 8 20:52:52 GMT 2006

Brian Puccio wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-03-08 at 09:29 +1000, Alfred Vahau wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>I need a genealogy software to draw up some family trees. Any
>>recommedations for Linux environment?
>

> GRAMPS and it is installable via synaptic/apt-get/whatever
>
> http://gramps-project.org/

I just installed gramps via synaptic onto Breezy.  It installs 2.0.8-1
and there is no help; i.e. a message box pops up when Help->UserManual
or Help->FAQ are selected, an error message says: "Could not open help
Unable to find help files in either
/usr/share/gramps/gnome/help/gramps/gramps or
/usr/share/gnome/help/gramps. Please check your installation."

OK.  What's wrong with the Synaptic installation?

/usr/share/gramps/gnome/help/gramps/C and fr exists, and appear to
contain help files.  /usr/share/gnome/help exists, but not
/usr/share/gnome/help/gramps.