update-notifier deletes files in /var/lib/apt/lists/ ?

Ewan Mac Mahon ewan at macmahon.me.uk
Wed Mar 8 18:55:24 UTC 2006

On Wed, Mar 08, 2006 at 05:12:06PM +0100, Markus Kolb wrote:
> Dennis Kaarsemaker wrote:
> > On wo, 2006-03-08 at 13:17 +0100, Markus Kolb wrote:
> >> Is there a way that the files won't be deleted?
> >
> > THis is fixed in Dapper.
>
> How? Fixed in package update-notifier? Do you have a bug id?

It's not actually update-notifier, it's the  underlying apt system. The
bug is in malone at:
<https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/apt/+bug/23965>

It strikes me that this would be worth fixing in Breezy too, but I've
never entirely understood the Ubuntu policy on updates to stable distros
- it seems unusually strict.

Ewan