mplayer

Peter Garrett peter.garrett at optusnet.com.au
Wed Mar 8 06:36:51 UTC 2006

On Tue, 07 Mar 2006 23:48:42 -0500
MrKnisely <mrknisely at mrknisely.is-a-geek.org> wrote:

> I think that you'll find that you'll need to open the multivers lines:
>
> #deb http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu breezy-backports main
> restricted universe multiverse
> #deb-src http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu breezy-backports main
> restricted universe multiverse
>
> Just uncomment those lines in your sources and you should find it.
> Standard "you might break your system/not well tested
> packages/blah,blah,blah"...

Those lines refer *only* to the backports repos - what is needed is to add
multiverse to the "universe" lines already uncommented, as in my response
to the OP  above.

Whether backports currently include backported versions of mplayer etc i
don't know. Unless there's a good reason to use backports, though, I
personally would avoid them. YMMV.

Peter