KDE Calendar??

James Gray james at grayonline.id.au
Wed Mar 8 06:14:40 UTC 2006

On Wed, 8 Mar 2006 09:11, Rob Blomquist wrote:
> I can find it within Kontact, but is it available as a stand alone for
> Ubuntu? I can seem to find it as a separate package.

Kontact uses KOrganizer I'm assuming that's the calendar program you're
referring to as "stand alone".  If that's the case, then you may need to
add it to your selected components:
1. In "Kontact" go to the "Settings..." menu.
2. go to the "Select Components..." item - a dialogue will appear.
3. Check the box next to "Calendar"
4. Click "OK" on the dialogue.

You should now have the "Calendar" icon/text etc in the panel :)

> I don't know if I will ever adjust to Kontact, The Panel Toolbox is
> enough for me.

It gets easier ;)  I've been using Kontact since some of the late beta's.
It's come a long way.  Still plenty left to do, but I use it for managing
myself, my department and my team of engineers in my professional life as
an IT Manager etc - so it's mature enough for "mission critical PIM" (if
there *IS* such a thing!) :P

HTH,

James
--
I like your game but we have to change the rules.