DejaVu font - Updating to version 2.3 for Dapper

Simos Xenitellis simos74 at gmx.net
Tue Mar 7 22:35:50 UTC 2006

Hi,
Ubuntu Dapper currently comes with DejaVu 2.1.
DejaVu 2.1 is problematic for Greek as the Monospace face is not complete.
DejaVu 2.3 has proper coverage for Greece, and also has updates for
Cyrillic.

There are two bugs on this,
1. Bug #31910 in ttf-dejavu (Ubuntu): "Dejavu Sans crashes applications
for specific characters"
https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/ttf-dejavu/+bug/31910
2. Bug #31890 in ttf-dejavu fontconfig (Ubuntu): "Problem with Greek
text with default font in terminal"
https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/ttf-dejavu/+bug/31890

I have not seen much activity on Malone to sort out these bugs. Am I
doing something wrong here?
I first contacted the ubuntu-devel mailing list and I was directed here,
as this is the place to solve bugs.

Any hints?
Simos