ATI 8.22.5 on Xorg7 howto (feedback wanted)

Max Andersen max at militant.dk
Tue Mar 7 08:01:58 UTC 2006

Dennis Kaarsemaker wrote:
> Crackful. Very.
> The latest ati drivers are present in Ubuntu already - no need for such
> hackery. It also overwrites files without caring, great way to mess up
> apt.

Sorry to bother you, but the presence of this in ubuntu, didn't seem to
do it for me, sadly. And instead of bitching about it, I provided a
solution. Not the most beautiful one, but I'm not a ubuntu developer :).

But hopefully this 'presence' in ubuntu will work in the future, for
peeps like me. Then hacks will be unneeded.

But with that issue cleared from my desk, I will now pursue a solution
for my constantly disconneting eth0....a disconnect every 5 minutes is
really annoying..... Maybe this also is solved, and me and my ubuntu
just don't know about it :) I will see if I can apt my way out of this.

Sincerely
Max