Wine and wine tools in Dapper

Paco Ros paco at bergantells.net
Mon Mar 6 00:04:32 UTC 2006

El Domingo, 5 de Marzo de 2006 23:07, Roel Groeneveld escribió:
> You may want to try IEs4Linux:
> http://www.tatanka.com.br/ies4linux/
>
> This script allows you to install IE6 (and optionally also IE5.5 and
> IE5) with browser plugins etc. The downloads are retrieved from the
> Evolt broser archive, btw.
> I installed the 3 latest IE versions, and everything works perfectly
> under Breezy.

Good catch! :-)
But it won't work on Dapper :-(

paco at blackbox:~/bin$ ./ie6
err:heap:HEAP_CreateSystemHeap system heap base address 0x80000000 not
available
fixme:actctx:CreateActCtxW stub!
err:heap:HEAP_CreateSystemHeap system heap base address 0x80000000 not
available
err:heap:HEAP_GetPtr Invalid heap (nil)!
err:heap:HEAP_GetPtr Invalid heap (nil)!
err:heap:HEAP_GetPtr Invalid heap (nil)!
err:heap:HEAP_GetPtr Invalid heap (nil)!

(now running Dapper's official wine packages)

This is the same output I get while trying to install IE by using wine-tools
or, wimply, wine ie6setup.exe

Maybe Dapper is running something that breaks wine. No problem with this, but
if it's happening, I will sit patiently to get it solved :-)

Anybody succeeded to install IE on Dapper by using any of the methods explosed
along this thread (also tried http://sidenet.ddo.jp/winetips/config.html
unsuccessfully)

Thanks all for your advices.
Kind regards.
--
Paco Ros - www.pacoros.net
Només és l'opinió subjetiva d'una persona objectiva.