mbox maildir

Rob Blomquist rob at robandmegan.net
Sun Mar 5 13:39:38 UTC 2006

On Sunday 05 March 2006 21:28, Jonathan McLoughlin so eloquently stated:
> Hi,
>
> I want to begin using the email and have configure postfix+procmail
>
> At present procmail is delivering mail to /var/mail and it is in the mbox
> format I want to get it to deliver in the maildir format to $HOME/.maildir
>
> How is this possible?
>
> I have added
> home_mailbox = Maildir/
> to postfix/main.cf however it continues to deliver to /var/mail/

It is quite possible, but awhile ago, I was running this way, and let my mail
reader (KMail) grab my mail from /var/mail. No biggie.

If you really want it delivered elsewhere, then you must use the complete
path: I think you mean, /home/yourlogin/.maildir, not $HOME, as when postfix
is running it should be running as root, so $HOME is /var/mail.

Rob