Problems after install on amd64

David Teague(T-bird acct) davidbteague at verizon.net
Sun Mar 5 00:27:10 UTC 2006

Henti Smith wrote:

> Hi there.
>
> I finally got my 64bit ubuntu version :)
>
> Unfortunately I've not gotten to work on it yet. I'm having some major
> issues.
>
> X doesn't work .. no matter what resolution I try. I'm running an
> nvidia 6600 GT I've tried with my 21 inch CRT as well as a 17 inch LG
> LCD.
> It seems the resolution is out of sync. I've checked the xog file and
> nothing seems out of place.
>
> I also cannot use my keyboard once X starts. so I cannot kill X to debug.
>
> any suggestions ?
>
> Henti

Henti

I am about to build a system with an AMD 64 using an nVidia 6600 GT
with my 19 inch KDS monitor. I am interested in your experience in this.

Please post your system details (MoBo chipset, RAM, FSB speed, disks
and anything else that might help someone (smarter than I, it is to be
hoped) figure out what is happening to that system and how to fix it..

Warm Regards
David Teague

--

-- David Teague, cs.wcu.edu/~dbt -- Advocating Free Software and Double
Bass tuned in fifths -- Classical Bass www.dennismasuzzo.com;