Linksys USB wireless NIC and resolv.conf

Paco Ros paco at bergantells.net
Sat Mar 4 19:19:29 UTC 2006

El Sábado, 4 de Marzo de 2006 19:28, William Stephens escribió:
> Hello,
>
> mapping hotplug
>         script grep
>         map wlan0
>
> # The primary network interface
> iface wlan0 inet static
> address 192.168.20.20
> netmask 255.255.255.0
> nameserver 192.168.20.1
> gateway 192.168.20.1
> wireless-essid Access Point
> wireless-key blahblahblah
>
> I have a static ip on a local network and I have read that the dhcp
> client resets the resolv.conf package. I tried commenting out everything
> on /etc/dhcp3/dhclient.conf with no luck. Do I remove client or
> deactivate client, if so how?

If you are using a static IP address, you don't need all DHCP client stuff. In
fact, when you run /etc/init.d/network restart no call to dhclient should be
done.

You can put your name server information in /etc/resolv.conf. Here you have
mine:
paco at blackbox:~$ cat /etc/resolv.conf
nameserver 192.168.0.100
nameserver 62.42.230.24
nameserver 62.42.63.52

Regards.
--
Paco Ros - www.pacoros.net
Només és l'opinió subjetiva d'una persona objectiva.