Linksys USB wireless NIC and resolv.conf

Gordon McCammick forums at gmx.net
Sat Mar 4 18:33:24 UTC 2006

On Sat, 04 Mar 2006 10:18:55 -0600
William Stephens <wstephens10 at cox.net> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm still tinkering with my USB wireless NIC. A major problem I have
> found is that whenever I reboot my file /etc/resolv.conf is cleared out.
> I'm a linux newbie so I'm sure its something simple.

In my case it was caused by the DHCP server in my router; /etc/resolv.conf
was overwritten whenever the lease was renewed.

I added the following line to /etc/dhclient.conf:
append domain-name-servers 212.159.13.49, 212.159.13.50;

Your DNS entries will be different but the above worked for me.

HTH

--
Cheers,
Gordon