Linksys USB wireless NIC and resolv.conf

Peter Garrett peter.garrett at optusnet.com.au
Sat Mar 4 16:39:28 UTC 2006

On Sat, 04 Mar 2006 10:25:26 -0600
Chris <racerx at makeworld.com> wrote:

> William Stephens wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm still tinkering with my USB wireless NIC. A major problem I have
> > found is that whenever I reboot my file /etc/resolv.conf is cleared out.
> > I'm a linux newbie so I'm sure its something simple.
> >
> > William S.
> >

> man resolv.conf
> man dhclient

Chris, the guy is a self confessed newbie, and you are telling him to read
the manual pages ? Seriously, please don't give these kinds of responses -
they aren't helpful, or welcoming.

William, I'm sorry I personally don't know the answer to your
question - but please don't be put off by this kind of curt answer.
Someone else will no doubt try to help you.

Sincerely,

Peter