WebMin and Apache 1.x and 2.x both installed?

Tom Smith tom71713-ubuntu at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 3 19:50:08 UTC 2006

John Lyon wrote:

>On 3/3/06 10:02 AM, "Tom Smith" <tom71713-ubuntu at yahoo.com> either wrote,
>forwarded or quoted:
>

>>You'll need to be more specific about the problem
>>you're trying to solve if you require further help.
>>

>I thought this gave a decent enough explanation of what the issue is:

Fair enough.

>>>"The bad news it that it broke
>>>my functioning drupal and phpmyadmin installs - it looks like the mime type
>>>is broken (trying to download the php page rather than rendering)."
>>>

>I will admit that I assumed an unrelated issue (Apache 1.x) was the cause of
>the PHP issue. I'll accept liberal application of the LART. I'll also admit
>that I don't know enough to ask the *right* questions.

(What do you mean by "LART"? I haven't seen this term before.)

Well, maybe it's not always about asking the "right" question. Sometimes
you can look at a problem and consider what error messages you received,
what symptoms you observed, whether or not any errors or useful messages
were displayed in the log files...

This is the type of information that will usually allow for a more
direct response to your post, even if you don't "ask the right
question". (Your original post just wasn't informative enough for me to
comment on the Apache issues you described, beyond what I mentioned.)