evolution /spamassassin marks everything as spam

Karl Hegbloom hegbloom at pdx.edu
Fri Mar 3 19:02:57 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-02-27 at 16:18 -0500, Matt Price wrote:
> SO now I just have the default spam filter enabled, and all my mail is
> being tagged as spam.  On the other hand, if I isolate a single message
> and run spamc on the ocmmand line, e.g:
>
> cat ~/.evolution/mail/local/test | spamc -R
>
> I get very good results (non-spam has very low scores, spam has very
> high scores).  Has anyone else dealt with this issue?  Can you suggest a
> solution?

Purge or move aside the "~/.spamassassin" directory, and edit
"/etc/default/spamassassin" to make sure that "ENABLED=0" is there (the
package default is 0).  In other words, don't run a system wide SA.

Use the default spam checking from Evolution, which will start up a
private instance of spamassassin running as your own login id, and then
access it via 'spamc'.

Don't try to pretrain the SA, but when messages are not matched as spam,
click the Junk button.

--
Karl Hegbloom <hegbloom at pdx.edu>