Printing from gimp

Albert albertwagner at cox.net
Fri Mar 3 14:01:53 UTC 2006

Jason Straight wrote:
> On Thursday 02 March 2006 20:00, Albert wrote:
>
>>How do I set up Breezy to print from Gimp?  I am using an HP Business
>>Inkjet 1000.  This printer is in the CUPS list of supported printers
>>and, in fact, prints just fine from everyplace but Gimp.  I have the
>>following packages installed through Synaptic:
>>
>>cupsys-driver-gimpprint        4.2.7-10
>>cupsys-driver-gimpprint-data   4.2.7-10
>>foomatic-db                    20050720-1
>>foomatic-db-engine             3.0.2-20050705-2
>>foomatic-db-gimp-print         4.2.7-10
>>gimp                           2.2.8-2upuntu6
>>gimp-data                      2.2.8-2ubuntu6
>>ijsgimpprint                   4.2.7-10
>>libgimp2.0                     2.2.8-2ubuntu6
>>libgimpprint1                  4.2.7-10
>>
>>*Business-Inkjet-1000 shows up as the "Printer name:" and "Postscript
>>Level 2" is preselected in the gimp print dialog. Also, there is no
>>printer model in the set up printer dialog corresponding to HP Business
>>Inkjet 1000. The command in the set up printer dialog is:
>>
>>lp -s -dBusiness-Inkjet-1000 -oraw
>>
>>Yet...When print is selected from gimp, nothing happens.  No print file
>>shows up in the print queue.  Any help will be greatly appreciated.
>

> Take out the -oraw

Thank you, Jason.  That does work.  I also found that leaving the -oraw
option and selecting "deskjet 900 series" from the list of gimp
supported printers works. (The deskjet 900 series is suggested as
compatible, to a greater or lessor degree, in the gimp print site list
of supported printers).  I wonder is there is a difference in the
printed product.