WebMin and Apache 1.x and 2.x both installed?

John Lyon jelyon at mac.com
Fri Mar 3 01:39:08 UTC 2006

Well, the good news is I got webmin installed. The bad news it that it broke
my functioning drupal and phpmyadmin installs - it looks like the mime type
is broken (trying to download the php page rather than rendering).

I'll figure that out on my own, but I'm wondering if it's possible that
webmin installed apache 1.3.33, which is now being run instead of apache
2.x?

$ locate httpd.conf
/etc/apache/httpd.conf
/etc/apache2/httpd.conf
/usr/share/doc/apache/examples/httpd.conf
/usr/share/doc/apache-common/examples/httpd.conf-dist
/usr/share/apache/default-configs/apache-perl/httpd.conf
/usr/share/apache/default-configs/apache-ssl/httpd.conf
/usr/share/apache/default-configs/apache/httpd.conf

Also - if I can figure out how to uninstall apache 1.3.33, I'm going to
assume that will fix the php mime type issue, but will break webmin - is
that valid, or am I smoking crack?

I'm trying to learn how to administer this box via ssh and webmin, so this
has all been irritating, and a learning experience.

--
John

"Thready new thread for threaded reading convenience!"