Logging Into Webmin for the first time

John Lyon jelyon at mac.com
Thu Mar 2 20:36:28 UTC 2006

On 3/2/06 12:59 PM, "Tom Smith" <tom71713-ubuntu at yahoo.com> either wrote,
forwarded or quoted:

> Notes:
>
> - If the root password is disabled when you install Webmin then Webmin
> will have no way of acquiring the root password. If you prefer the
> "Ubuntu way" of doing things, using changepass.pl is the correct route
> to take.
> - If you want to "fix" your problem by uninstalling Webmin, you'll need
> to make sure to remove /etc/webmin as this is not done by default. Make
> sure the root password is set and reinstall--Webmin should be able to
> read root's password and set things up for you.
>
> ~ Tom

After working through some dependency issues with webmin-core and
webmin-mailboxes, I got it working OK.

Now to fix the certificate issue, and enable administration via the local
network.

Thanks for the notes; it wasn't obvious to me that I'd need to remove
/etc/webmin/.

--
John Lyon

** Warning ** This e-mail message, without warrant or warning, and despite
US law as set forth in the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act of 1978,
may be subject to monitoring by the United States National Security Agency
and/or the Department of Defense. Information contained in this message may
be used against any senders or recipients, now or in the future, in a public
trial or secret tribunal.