updating cups drivers?

Nick Smith nick.smith79 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 2 17:00:49 UTC 2006

is there a way to update the drivers that cups has available?
in our office we have an HP 3600n shared and setup via cups.  i can
print a test page off the server (which is gentoo)
i try to connect to that cups share via my laptop (ubuntu) and the
3600 isnt listed, and none of the other models around it work either.
but then if i could update the available printer drivers in cups on my
laptop, the printer is also setup on the network and i could just by
pass the cups server all together.

any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Nick