linux-image-2.6.15-16-686: PS2 -> USB Keyboard/Mouse converter does not work

Alan McKinnon alan at linuxholdings.co.za
Thu Mar 2 16:32:35 UTC 2006

On Thursday, 2 March 2006 16:35, Derek Broughton wrote:
> Tim Carmean wrote:
> > Subject: linux-image-2.6.15-16-686: PS2 -> USB Keyboard/Mouse
> > converter does not work
> > Package: linux-image-2.6.15-16-686
> > Version: 2.6.15-16.23
> > Severity: important
> >
> > *** Please type your report below this line ***
> > I'm attempting to use a PS2 -> USB Keyboard/Mouse converter to
> > adapt my ps2 peripherals to my laptop.
>
> A whole lot of things broke when I briefly used 2.6.15-16.  I went
> straight back to 2.6.15-15.

There seems to be something fundamentally wrong with the 2.6.15
series. I run a vanilla kernel straight from kernel.org and 2.6.11
ran as smooth as silk. I've been using 2.6.15 for three weeks (all
patches up to .4) and the box is noticeably slower, gui response is
jerky, gcc frequently maxes out the cpu and ADSL throughput is
consistently lower than the 100k I used to get

Anyone else experienced this with an unpatched vanilla kernel?

--
Alan McKinnon
alan at linuxholdings dot co dot za