Virtualization

Kent Borg kentborg at borg.org
Wed Mar 1 14:27:37 UTC 2006

On Wed, Mar 01, 2006 at 11:39:24AM +0100, Sebastian Gil wrote:
> Take a look on this in the wiki
>
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/VMwarePlayerAndQemu
>
> You can download vmware player (it's free, but you can't create new virtual
> machines)
> Use qemu to create the virtual machines...

Recently vmware "server" has been made free.  Register and download
from vmware.com, get an e-mail with your key, install.  I haven't used
it much, but it works, allows the creation of new virtual machines.

For the more adventuresome who want not just free but an opensource
solution that is higher performance, ask googlecom/linux about "Xen".
I haven't played with it, but hope to in the next few weeks.

-kb