newbie

Paul Antuar rautnap at yahoo.com.au
Wed Mar 1 04:26:00 UTC 2006

hi, I'm brand new to Ubuntu having just installed it
on an 'old' Celeron 1000 with 196Mb memory. Struck a
problem almost straight away. The update(?) icon on
the top launch bar tells me there's 50 updates to
download but then asks for my root (?) password which
I dutifully type in and then it tells me that it's the
wrong password? When I open a console prompt and type
su or sudo the password I give it is the same one!?
Any ideas?

Paul