GPL compliance

Daniel Carrera daniel.carrera at zmsl.com
Fri Jun 30 18:04:14 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-30-06 at 10:46 -0700, Gary W. Swearingen wrote:
> We were discussing clause 3 from which it is obvious what I was
> referring to. Daniel first asked where to find it, etc.  (And I still
> haven't heard that answered confidently -- maybe the printed disk
> label.)

It's been answered several times. deanlinkous even pointed to the FAQ.

> Because Ubuntu users must be licensed by Red Hat or they can't use Red
> Hat's IP.

You still don't understand re-licensing do you?

> > Accurate language? The term IP is specifically used to blur the
>
> The meaning of IP is obvious and there's no good reason to avoid its use.

IP is a term known to be vague, as it can refer to copyrights,
trademarks, patents and even contracts. You should know that. Maybe
you're just not very familiar with law...

> >> Ransom Love is a kernel developer,
> >
> > This was very funny. Ransom Love was the CEO of Caldera, and is an MBA
>
> Sorry if I named the wrong guy.  Poor memory for names.

Are you confident that your memory for copyright law is better?

Daniel.
--
http://opendocumentfellowship.org
  "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the