GPL compliance

deanlinkous ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Fri Jun 30 17:33:48 UTC 2006

I find everyone is always quick to mention the "medium customarily used
for software interchange" part BUT leave out the "accompany it" part of
that section. You have to meet the whole thing as written not just part
of it. So if you ship via mail the CD then you MUST ship the source or
at least the written offer for source. And as stated Ubuntu seems to
handle all that!  I dont see what the discussion about permissions is
all about...but I havent had coffee yet so maybe it will click later.
:)

--
deanlinkous