mysql versions

Me - Atlantic jdangler at atlantic.net
Fri Jun 30 16:40:27 UTC 2006

> If you upgrade to dapper, your 4.0 installation will be upgraded to 5.0,
> which is all shiny and new and should satisfy your itch for bigger
> version numbers.
>
> ... Adam

Adam~
The reason I asked the question is that I have a 2nd server that I need
to do some db work on which is running 4.1 (freeBSD), and my current
clients cannot connect to it due to a sql error.

With all of the problems going on with Dapper, I'm not ready to subject
my production system to that much maintenance (and down time)...

As I'm not sure why 4.0 was left as the default in Breezy, I'll have to
wait it out a few more months in hopes that Dapper settles down enough
to justify the upgrades on my 5 machines.