advice getting jre installed

Christofer C. Bell christofer.c.bell at gmail.com
Fri Jun 30 15:54:49 UTC 2006

On 6/30/06, Oliver Grawert <ogra at ubuntu.com> wrote:
>> there is absolutely no need to do anything else than either installing
> sun-java5-jre or sun-java5-jdk from multiverse, they contain the
> original sun java, no need for additional downloads zip files or the
> like.

You are mistaken, Oliver.  You *do* need to put the jdk1.5.0-doc.zip
file in /tmp *if* you plan to install the sun-java5-doc package.  The
documenation is not licensed for redistribution so the sun-java5-doc
package simply takes the zip file you have already downloaded and
"packages" it locally for installation with dpkg.

--
Chris

"I trust the Democrats to take away my money, which I can afford.  I
trust the Republicans to take away my freedom, which I cannot."