Ebay ?

Christofer C. Bell christofer.c.bell at gmail.com
Fri Jun 30 13:06:08 UTC 2006

On 6/30/06, stani <ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org> wrote:

> I installed sun java, but bidwatcher refuses to run:

How did you install it?  Using the sun-java-5 packages?  Installing
the .bin file from Sun into /opt or /usr/local?  If the former, did
you remember to run "update-alternatives --config java"?  And what
does "java -version" tell you?

Here is what these commands should look like to ensure you're using
Sun's Java and not the gcj that comes with the system:

cbell at circe:~$ sudo update-alternatives --config java
Password:

There are 3 alternatives which provide `java'.

  Selection    Alternative
      1        /usr/bin/gij-wrapper-4.1
 +    2        /usr/lib/jvm/java-gcj/jre/bin/java
*     3        /usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5.0-sun/jre/bin/java

Press enter to keep the default[*], or type selection number: 3
Using `/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5.0-sun/jre/bin/java' to provide `java'.
cbell at circe:~$ java -version
java version "1.5.0_06"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_06-b05)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.5.0_06-b05, mixed mode, sharing)
cbell at circe:~$

--
Chris

"I trust the Democrats to take away my money, which I can afford.  I
trust the Republicans to take away my freedom, which I cannot."