machine locks during screensaver

Noah admin2 at enabled.com
Thu Jun 29 21:59:56 UTC 2006

On Thu, 29 Jun 2006 13:51:26 -0700 (PDT), James Diehl wrote
> Firstly, check your video card if you have one!  There may be a compatibility issue between
> it and Ubuntu.  Ubuntu does not work well with all cards, and many of the card manufacturers
> do not support Linux.  I have a Radeon card, and it did not work well with Ubuntu, but a few
> months later it worked well with other Linux systems.  Updates and improvements removed
> some of the problems.  Drivers are still one of the biggest issues with running a Linux program, unfortunately!
> Diehl, James
> jms_diehl at sbcglobal.net
> Ubuntu/Suse/Fedora/Solaris

Fedora Core worked well with my Radeon 9700 Pro even with hte screensaver so most likely this is something really specific to the ubuntu installation .  that is card currently in the machine.  also X is runnign fine all the time.  it is jsut during the screensaver does it crash.  I will try other graphic intensive progarms to see if ther eis a conflict.

cheers,

Noah