How to write a simple timed popup reminder script

Sean Hammond sean.hammond at gmail.com
Thu Jun 29 14:33:40 UTC 2006

Great, thanks guys. Looks like notify-send with libnotify-bin is what
I want, and probably with the command in the crontab.

btw, the notify-send manpage says that the -t option specifies the
timeout in seconds, but appears to be milliseconds.

Is there any way to control where the notification appears? It pops up
at the bottom-right. Might work better from the top-right. Not a big
deal though.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SeanHammond