just a warning?

Duncan Lithgow duncan at lithgow-schmidt.dk
Thu Jun 29 07:37:04 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-06-28 at 16:09 -0700, maxim wexler wrote:
> Hi group,
>
> Whenever I start synaptic a box labeled Warning! opens
> up with this message:
>
> W: Couldn't stat source package list
> http://us.archive.ubuntu.com breezy/main Packages
> (/var/lib/apt/lists/us.archive.ubuntu.com_ubuntu_dists_breezy_main_binary-i386_Packages)
> - stat (2 No such file or directory)
> W: Couldn't stat source package list
Those messages are because you got a whole lot of entries
in /etc/apt/sources.list which are not valid. The ones which are valid
will keep working fine. It looks to me like you've been editing without
knowing what you're doing. You have to follow the syntax exactly or it
won't find what you're looking for.

I suggest you get a new sources.list and be more careful when you edit
it this time.

http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=1090438&postcount=2

Duncan
--