GPL compliance

Gary W. Swearingen garys at opusnet.com
Wed Jun 28 16:46:58 UTC 2006

Daniel Carrera <daniel.carrera at zmsl.com> writes:

> The reason I'm looking for it is relevant to people like me who like to
> hand out Ubuntu LiveCDs at conferences. If the Ubuntu LiveCD has the
> offer for source code, then, under the GPL section 3(c) I can just
> forward that offer, so I don't have to worry about the sources to be GPL
> compliant.

Seems like you still have to worry about finding the magic statements
from the owners of all of the IP on the CD that is derived from other
GPL'd IP, not just the Ubuntu people?

And I'm doubtful that the Ubuntu CD even qualifies for 3(c), based on
the home web site having a "Commercial" link to paid support, etc.

Is it FUD yet?