Problem with building local network with ADSL

Wang Lei atosdps at gmail.com
Wed Jun 28 13:06:41 UTC 2006

Hi Guys,

i wanna make my two computers connect to the internet, but I got a problem
with my network built within my home:

--the desktop uses the Ubuntu, with 2 network cards, one was connected to
the internet via ADSL, and the other was connected to a hub
--the laptop runs the Windows XP, with 1 network card, which was connected
to the hub mentioned above

the configuration i made was as follow:
desktop(network card connected to the hub):
ip:       192.168.1.1
mask: 255.255.255.0
gate:  192.168.1.1
laptop:
ip:      192.168.1.2
mask: 255.255.255.0
gate:  192.168.1.1
DNS:  192.168.1.1

the problem is the these two can ping each other, but the laptop cannot
connect to the internet. what can i do with this?

(Sorry guys, my English is not so good to specify the situation i got
clearly)

--
石头城堡
http://spaces.msn.com/atosdps/