Upgrading to Edgy Eft

Chanchao custom at freenet.de
Wed Jun 28 09:06:58 UTC 2006

Anthony Yarusso wrote:

> Maybe we should have a ubuntu-unstable-users list or something for
> things that are user discussion more than devs, but don't really belong
> on this list.

I don't like the word 'unstable' and don't think it should be associated
with any (future/development) version of Ubuntu.  Shades of Debian, and
the majority (?) of users running something still called 'unstable'..

"Beta testing" or 'Pre-release evaluation' or something seems better.

BTW, is Edgy really ready in 4 months?  I don't think anyone would mind
if the next version only happens somewhere in the first quarter of next
year. I'd rather that new versions are ready when they're ready, not
decided by the calendar.

Cheers,
Chanchao