Xgl and Intel I915GM chipset

Lee McLain lee.mclain at gmail.com
Wed Jun 28 04:56:08 UTC 2006

Hey everyone,

   I am running Dapper on an Inspiron 6000 laptop with the Intel I915GM
chipset.  I have tried to get Xgl running on it, but so far I am not having
any luck.
   I have followed the instructions on this site:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/CompositeManager/Xgl, but I get an error
when I start the session and it bails with the following message:
 BadLength (poly request too large or internal Xlib length error)
  Major opcode of failed request:  143 (GLX)
  Minor opcode of failed request:  1 (X_GLXRender)
  Serial number of failed request:  101

   Does anyone out there have Xgl running on this chipset?

Thanks,
Lee