Oh please ...

Nate e70423 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 27 23:51:30 UTC 2006

This entire thing is silly! There already is an easy method you can use
to do this in thunderbird!

Create a new folder for Ubuntu Mailing List in thunderbird, name it
whatever you want, doesn't matter.

Go to "Tools>Message Filters" and select "new."

Call it ubuntu users or whatever, something that you can remember what
it's for by looking at the name.  In the first box, select "body" as the
criteria to match on the left, "contains" as the criteria to match in
the middle, and in the white space after it, paste
ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com

Then, in the box below, make the action on the left be "Move Message To"
and have it move to the folder you created.

There! Now all mail on this mailing list will go in that folder! See?
It's not that hard! There already is a regular piece of data included in
every ubuntu-mailing-list piece of mail, and that's the footer appended
by the ubuntu-users mailing list, which includes
ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com !

Hooray! Problem solved!