Has Ubuntu Replaced Windows on Your Box?
scamot2004 at gmx.at
Tue Jun 27 19:58:25 UTC 2006
Ubuntu has totally replaced W2K on my box because :
1. W2K has crashed, impossible to repair (since I had a dual boot, I
pratically quit MS$ till the day it could not operate anymore);
2. Politically & financialy speaking, I cannot reinstall it ;
3. I do not miss any MS compatible software;
4. I appreciate to have such a panel of software, and various desktops
respecting low configurations computers.
5. If a functionnality lacks on ubuntu, I learn to cope. But
with time, and new releases, there are less and less problems, esp
On Tue, 27
Jun 2006 14:18:55 -0400 Ylan Segal <ylan.segal at gmail.com> wrote:
> psycho78 wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I've totally switched to Ubuntu Linux
> I have too. But I don't have everything setup and working yet.
> > The only thing that I do not get to work perfectly with dapper is
> > syncing my new treo 650 and my girlfriends palm m505.
> Which reminds me that I have to get my Sony Clie syncing...
> > I can sync them sometimes but most of the time I get strange error
> > messages.
> Oh boy.
> > ..my ipod works with gtkpod...
> Argh!!! This is currently my nemesis. My iPod hangs (as I have
> reported in another couple of threads).
More information about the ubuntu-users