Upgrading to Edgy Eft

Alexander Skwar listen at alexander.skwar.name
Tue Jun 27 19:33:56 UTC 2006

Derek Broughton wrote:

> Er, no.  This list has never been release-specific, and I doubt it ever will
> be.

That's correct. But somewhat like Usenet newsgroups, mailing lists
are topic-specific. And development is on-topic on the development
list. Granted, Usenet newsgroups are a lot more topic-specific.

> upgrade (though, especially as Edgy's release gets closer, people _will_
> suggest that if you have a specific dapper problem, it might be fixed by
> upgrading)

But such an advice is of course a big disservice to users. People
using stable software might do this on purpose. It's *NOT* good to
encourage normal users, who might not be willing to do development,
to use unstable software. That's very much wrong.

Alexander Skwar
--
According to Kentucky state law, every person must take a bath at least
once a year.