Has Ubuntu Replaced Windows on Your Box?

psycho78 ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Tue Jun 27 17:30:36 UTC 2006

Hi,

I've totally switched to Ubuntu Linux and even switched my girlfriend
and my brother to ubuntu and kubuntu. The only thing that I do not get
to work perfectly with dapper is syncing my new treo 650 and my
girlfriends palm m505. I can sync them sometimes but most of the time I
get strange error messages.

I use openvpn to connect to my dad's firm, managing his servers... I
use Openoffice for writing things... my HP PSC2175 can print and scan
perfectly.. my ipod works with gtkpod... wlan works with wpa (on both
notebooks and Desktop with pci card).. even booting from a USB drive on
my firm laptop works perfectly..

watching dvb-t with kaffeine and terratec cinergy t2 works out of the
box (installing the dvb-utils)...

I miss a program like reason 3.0 and Cubase VST but as I don't have
much time for making music anyway I find it worse not to be able to
sync the palm stuff with gpilotd and evolution.... :(

But all in all I now laugh about Windows errors.... :-D

WHO NEEDS VISTA ?????????????

for me Ubuntu is the best distribution....

--
psycho78