Upgrading to Edgy Eft

Mario Vukelic mario.vukelic at dantian.org
Tue Jun 27 15:46:55 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-06-27 at 12:12 -0300, Derek Broughton wrote:
> I'm curious as to why people seem to get _upset_ that we try this?

I don't think people get upset about this at all. But I think what does
upset some people is if users upgrade to edgy, then post to the list
"something is broken, I have package conflicts", and ask for help.

Some people seem to think that it's a certified right to use a working
unstable dist very early in the cycle, and that is has to be possible in
Ubuntu because it worked in Debian.

That's just not the case. If it's broken, it is just as expected (see
the edgy schedule on the wiki).

I know from your postings that you have the skills to help yourself and
will be able to provide useful feedback to the devs, but nobody is upset
about you :)