Oh please ...

Carl Karsten carl at personnelware.com
Tue Jun 27 05:37:50 UTC 2006

JD wrote:
> Hallo,
> to anybody who maintains this mailing list ... please attach an
> automatic unique prefix to the subject; that way we can easily organize
> any mail that come from this server to a specific folder in my email
> client. But without such a prefix like '[slackware-mail]' or ''[gentoo]'
> then all those mails from this servers will get ^%$^&*-ed together with
> my other mails.
> Pkease ... please put an automatic mail header.
> How about '[Ubhud]'? UBuntu Help and User Discussion?
> Or whatever, if that sounds too arabic.
> JD

/me hits ^U to view message source... sees:

I use tb too.  here is what I use for this list:

carl at amd15:~/.mozilla-thunderbird/pzy9tzlw.default/Mail/Local Folders$ less
msgFilterRules.dat

name="ubuntu-users"
enabled="yes"
type="1"
action="Move to folder"
actionValue="mailbox://nobody@Local%20Folders/Linux/ubuntu/users"
action="JunkScore"
actionValue="0"
condition="OR (\"X-BeenThere\",is,ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com)"

(I don't reccomend editing the file directly - use the tb gui)

Carl K