Enabling sound

axs221 ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Tue Jun 27 02:37:25 UTC 2006

Hey guys,

I was having trouble with sound as well, but I fixed it using
gnome-alsamixer. I had already tried alsamixer and alsamixergui to no
avail, but then messing around with the gnome alsamixer fixed it. It
seemed to kick on after just randomly clicking on the check boxes at
the bottom of the window (i just kept clicking on them and then running
the gstreamer test, then click on a few and noticed one wrote some stuff
in the console, so i went back to gstreamer and the test worked). My
Firefox is working fine too, listening to Pandora...

I'm not sure which setting it was; I can't seem to "undo" the fix. I do
have the 386 kernel running. I have 686 installed but tried switching to
386 as suggested.Hope that helps.

Shawn

--
axs221