Upgrade...is this new to Dapper?

Patrick Newberry PNewberry at habitat.org
Mon Jun 26 17:25:30 UTC 2006

I have 5.10 aka Breezy Badger currently running on a machine at  home.

I was looking at the upgrade documentation:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/DapperUpgrades

I noticed and Alternate Install CD. Is this "alternate install CD" new
to Dapper because I don't recall seeing it with Breezy. The reason I ask
is because I have a very slooowww dial up connection and using this
alternate install disk rather than a net work (i.e. slow dial up
connection) would be a blessing.

So the I am wonding if I can upgrade fromt his cd will other apt-get
commands work against this cd after I:
sudo apt-cdrom add
And then
sudo apt-get update

And assuming that all works, can I Then do:

Apt-get install xxxxx
Where xxxxx is a apt that is on the cd?

Pat
www.gypsyfarm.com