Question about "remastering" (I think)

Anurag anurag at web.gnuer.org
Mon Jun 26 08:44:27 UTC 2006

On 7/26/06, Anthony Papillion II <anthony at adcl.biz> wrote:

>  Hello Everyone,
>
> I think what I need to do is called remastering but I'm not sure I need to
> go that far to accomplish my goal so I thought I'd ask here. Basically, I
> have a web application that I'd like to visit our clients and demo. Some of
> our clients don't have Internet access so I can't just put the app up on the
> web and go there. What I'd like to do is use Ubuntu to create a LiveCD that
> I can place in my clients CDROM, boot up Ubuntu, have it load Apache, MySQL,
> and KDE, then automatically open a web browser and load a specific localhost
> page. Doesn't seem that complex so I'm not sure I need to do full
> remastering.
>
> Any ideas?
> Any resources I can go to to learn what I need to do to accomplish this?
> I'd go to Google but I don't really know what to look for lol

We have been remastering Knoppix CDs as part of Gnoware [1] project in past.
Our students have written a HowTo [2] on remastering Knoppix 3.6 CDs and add
educational packages that we required.

[1] http://www.gnoware.org
[2]
http://db.ilug-bom.org.in/lug-authors/anurag/gnoware-final-documentation-1504.pdf