print to pdf (Gabriel Dragffy)

clivewagenaar clivewagenaar at gmail.com
Sun Jun 25 21:25:08 UTC 2006

My solution for :
print to pdf (Gabriel Dragffy)

http://ubuntu.wordpress.com/2006/03/23/print-to-pdf-using-cups-pdf/
I used the summary from the user comment section, in this link above,
pasted below for your reference.

15. Brian - June 12, 2006

     For those who like everything in once place, following method worked
great for me on Dapper - Thanks for the tips!

     In a terminal:
     sudo apt-get install cups-pdf
     (You can use synaptic to install cups-pdf too if you like)

     sudo chmod +s /usr/lib/cups/backend/cups-pdf

     In Gnome:
     System > Administration > Printing
     New Printer
     Local Printer & Use A Detected Printer click on PDF Printer
     Choose "Generic" as the manufacturer
     Choose "postscript color printer rev3b"
     Leave the driver set to "Standard (suggested)"

     Too bad you can't choose a name & location for it to save too, but
at least it's in a sensible location (~/PDF)

Hope this helps

e-mail:clivewagenaar at gmail.com
skype (text or voice) on Linux desktop:clivewagenaar6999
skype (voice only) via CIT Linksys Cordless:wagenaar6888
GNU/Linux user #419390 http://www.gnu.org/gnu/gnu-linux-faq.html