Thunderbird Problem

Scott Kitterman ubuntu at kitterman.com
Sun Jun 25 19:12:00 UTC 2006

On Sun, 25 Jun 2006 13:58:29 -0500 Wade Smart <wade at wadesmart.com> wrote:
>06252006 1356 GMT-6
>
>I waited 8 hours.
>
>But its not just the slowness. Its the not being able to move
>emails from folders until I click on another folder.
>Or that the folders themselves display the incorrect number
>of emails until I click on another folder and then click back.
>
>My largest folder 50,000+.
>
>Wade

50,000 what?  if it's 50,000 messages, that is a LOT.  I think you are
stretching Thunderbird and the mbox file format beyond what it was designed
for.

If you really need 50,000 messages, then you might want to consider another
mail program, particularly one that usese the maildir format (it's one
message per file) as that scales better.  I use Kmail and maildir and it
handles my 15 - 20,000 message store with no problem.

If it's 50,000K, that's still a lot.  See above.

If it's 50,000 bytes, then it's something else.

Scott K