Weird problem with Firefox

gonzlobo gonzlobo at gmail.com
Sat Jun 24 17:43:44 UTC 2006

First off, Ubuntu is a nice distro. I've only been with it since 6.06 was
released, but I was a Debian guy when 3.0 was first out (a *long* time ago
:) ). After that I spent a year with Gentoo & another with Suse 9.x. All
nice - in their own ways - but I wanted to get back to apt-get.

Through out my distro travels, I've had this unusual problem with Firefox.
Whenever the power is cycled to my Acti*ntec GT701WG wireless DSL modem, I
temporarily lose browser access for a few days. Well not completely, some
websites are immediately accessable, but other bookmarked websites take a
few days to regain access, then after that, I can browse the world.

My dual-boot machine works fine with Firefox once booted into XP, and
Konquerer works fine (well it did with Suse, I don't have KDE installed with
Ubuntu).

My hardware has changed over the years and of course OSes, but the only
constants are Firefox, my Linux-friendly ISP and the Actiontec modem.
Needless to say, I'm more than willing to blame the modem (I've had to
replace 2 already), but any help from Ubuntu users will be *very* helpful.

Note: Both OSes use dynamic IPs... curious, could my problem be
IPV6-related?