locking problem...again.

can_erogul ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Fri Jun 23 15:30:21 UTC 2006

>Run gnome-screensaver-command from a terminal window and see if that

>works.

No it does not:

can at erogul:~$ gnome-screensaver-command

gnome-screensaver-Message: Screensaver is not running!

>run "ps auxww | grep [g]nome-settings-daemon" to see if

>gnome-settings-daemon is running.

Yes it is running. As you can see:

can at erogul:~$ ps auxww | grep [g]nome-settings-daemon

can      10071  0.0  0.9  27588  9404 ?        Sl   17:08   0:01
/usr/lib/control-center/gnome-settings-daemon
--oaf-activate-iid=OAFIID:GNOME_SettingsDaemon --oaf-ior-fd=25

>If any of these are wrong, the next step is to try and figure out how

>that happened so it doesn't happen again.

There is nothing in the /var/log/messages or syslog. Only
~/.xsession-errors has:

gnome-screensaver-Message: Screensaver is not running!

So what should we do to figure out what is wrong?

--
can_erogul