x freezes after last dapper kernel upgrade

hannesw ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Fri Jun 23 09:40:22 UTC 2006

CCH78 Wrote:
> X does not freeze on me, but it is running really SLOW. A lot of lag
> when minimizing and maximizing windows. X is also creating heavy CPU
> usage as well. I rolled back to the previous kernel and everything was
> fine.

Same here. The application launch animation is -very- slow, and the
terminal on the local computer feels like a remote shell (e.g. half a
second delay for directory listings).

This is on a Samsung X20 laptop with an intel 915 graphics controller.

Going back from kernel 2.6.15-25-686 to 2.6.15-23-686 fixes the
problem.

--
hannesw