iPod Isssues

Brian McKee brian.mckee at gmail.com
Thu Jun 22 19:26:24 UTC 2006

On 21/06/06, Ylan Segal <ylan.segal at gmail.com> wrote:
> Brian McKee wrote:
> > On Monday 19 June 2006 10:14, Ylan Segal wrote:
> >
> >>Thanks for the tip. The current consensus on launchpad is that
> >>recompiling the kernel without EFI would get rid of the problems. I am
> >>hoping I don't have to go that route because recompiling the kernel is
> >>something I am not familiar with and I rather not open that can of worms.
> >

> > Don't make a mountain out of it - if you muck it up your old kernel will still
> > exist, and in your case you are just making one change.  Think of it as
> > an interesting challenge :-)
> >

> Yeah... I might just give it a try. Can you (or anyone else) point me to
> a good howto or guide on how to configure a custom kernel, compile and
> install in ubuntu?

Sorry for the slow reply.
I found a page - (link is at home) but I found it a bit confusing.
I went ahead and compiled the kernel using thier instructions and it
completed ok, but I haven't rebooted using that kernel yet to check it.
I keep forgetting to bring the darned iPod cable home.  Hopefully I'll have
solid for you tonight.
Brian