How to use a key combination as compose key?

Markus Schönhaber ubuntu-users at schoenhaber.de
Thu Jun 22 08:47:42 UTC 2006

Hi there!

On my Gentoo box with Xorg 6.8 I have added the following to the keyboard
InputDevice section of xorg.conf:
Option "XkbOptions"	"compose:ralt+rshift"
This way I can use AltGr+RightShift on my German keyboard as compose key.

The above doesn't work anymore with Xorg 7.0 which Dapper uses[1]. How can I
set the combo AltGr+RightShift to act as compose key on Dapper?

Regards
  mks

[1] Neither does it work on FC 5 or Gentoo with Xorg 7 - that's why I assume
this is an isseue with Xorg 6.8 vs. Xorg 7.0.