Rhythmbox doen't play

Jochen Skulj jochen at jochenskulj.de
Thu Jun 22 04:41:07 UTC 2006

Since a couple of days I have major problems using rhythmbox. It often
occurs that it doesn't play. Instead of this, the progress slider keeps
standing at 0:00 and jumps back to that position if I try to drag it on
another position.

If I start rhythmbox in a terminal I get following warning:

(rhythmbox:5480): Rhythmbox-WARNING **: Unable to start mDNS browsing

This problem occurs quite often, but  not always. Until now I haven't
found a better solution than booting in these cases. There might be some
process blocking the audio system (which I may can kill), but I don't
know which.

From my point of view this problem exists since the recent major Gnome
update. I can't remember having issues with rhythmbox under Dapper before.

A quite similar problem might exist in using totem but I don't start
totem that often.

Does anyone has the same problem? Is there a solution?

Thanks, Jochen
--
Jochen Skulj
http://www.jochenskulj.de